Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    NFL Catchup: Cowboys-Saints Fights, A Christian McCaffrey Update & Deals Were Made

    Australia secures court-enforceable child safety undertaking from Roblox

    NSE said to seek up to US$55 billion valuation in record India IPO

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
    Sg Latest NewsSg Latest News
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Sports
    Sg Latest NewsSg Latest News
    Home»Business»NSE said to seek up to US$55 billion valuation in record India IPO
    Business

    NSE said to seek up to US$55 billion valuation in record India IPO

    AdminBy AdminNo Comments
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Published Tue, Aug 18, 2026 · 06:24 PM

    [MUMBAI] The National Stock Exchange of India, the operator of the world’s largest derivatives exchange by trading volume, is seeking a valuation of as much as 5.26 trillion rupees (US$55 billion) in its planned initial public offering, according to people familiar with the matter.

    The exchange has marketed its shares at 2,000 rupees to 2,100 rupees apiece during meetings with potential investors, the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private. NSE has concluded most of its global road show, with meetings in the Middle East still to be completed, they said.

    Deliberations are ongoing and details of the deal may change, the people said. A representative for NSE declined to comment beyond reiterating that the company has filed a draft prospectus with India’s market regulator.

    India’s largest stock exchange held several investor meetings across Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Singapore and Hong Kong, according to the people. The meetings involved about 120 large global investors such as BlackRock, Capital Group, GQG Partners, Janus Henderson Group and Allspring Global Investments, among others, they said.

    NSE had been expecting approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India for its draft prospectus by early August, but that timeline has been pushed back about three weeks because of changes to the list of selling shareholders with the addition of SBI Capital Markets, the people said. Changes to the IPO documents require a 21-day period for public feedback, they said.

    The IPO is now expected to launch in the second half of September, the people said.

    At the top of the marketed range, NSE would rank sixth in market value among global exchange operators, narrowly behind London Stock Exchange Group and just ahead of Nasdaq. CME Group and Intercontinental Exchange are currently the top of the list at about US$97 billion and US$86.9 billion, respectively.

    At a US$55 billion valuation, NSE’s sale of the 6 per cent stake on offer could raise about 315 billion rupees, surpassing the 278.7 billion rupees raised by Hyundai Motor’s Indian unit in 2024, the country’s largest IPO to date.

    The exchange filed its draft prospectus in June for an offering that will consist entirely of secondary share sales. Existing shareholders plan to sell as many as 148.9 million shares, representing about 6 per cent of the company, according to the filing.

    SEE ALSO

    The Indian rupee fell to a record low of 96.96 per dollar in May, pummelled by surging oil prices and higher global bond yields.

    NSE has appointed 20 banks to work on the share sale, including Kotak Mahindra Capital, JM Financial, Morgan Stanley, HSBC Holdings and Citigroup. BLOOMBERG

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Stock indices no longer reflect equity reality

    Reserve Bank of Australia’s deputy governor warns of higher rates if inflation risks crystallise

    UOB prices US$1.4 billion floating rate covered bonds due 2030

    Centurion’s growth story stays anchored in Singapore with Kranji Close win

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Non-stop flights to emerging markets would boost Singapore economy: MTI report

    US rights groups sue Donald Trump over ICC sanctions

    Wealthy Chinese race for tax advice as Beijing targets offshore trusts

    Top Reviews
    Sg Latest News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    • Get In Touch
    © 2026 SglatestNews. All rights reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.