Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Georgia Republicans scramble to pick candidate to take on Democratic Sen. Jon Ossoff

    Jury unanimously dismisses Elon Musk’s lawsuit against OpenAI due to statute of limitations

    These Japanese Oyster Farmers Know How to Throw a Good Party, and Everyone Is Invited

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
    Sg Latest NewsSg Latest News
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Sports
    Sg Latest NewsSg Latest News
    Home»Politics»Trump says he’s called off plans for “scheduled attack of Iran” after request from Gulf partners
    Politics

    Trump says he’s called off plans for “scheduled attack of Iran” after request from Gulf partners

    AdminBy AdminNo Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Washington — President Trump said Monday that he’s called off a U.S. attack on Iran that had been “scheduled” for Tuesday, after the United States’ Gulf partners requested it to allow for continued negotiations. 

    The president made the announcement on Truth Social Monday afternoon, following a request from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. Iran says it’s relayed an amended set of terms for a possible deal to the Trump administration, through Pakistani mediators. 

    “I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond,” Mr. Trump wrote. 

    “This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” he continued in the post. “Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached. Thank you for your attention to this matter!”

    Mr. Trump also extended his original April 7 ceasefire indefinitely at the request of Pakistan’s leaders. 

    During the ceasefire, the Pentagon has said that it has planned for the possibility of resuming strikes against Iran, if the president decided to do so.

    Over the weekend, the president warned the “clock is ticking” for Iran to accept a peace agreement, saying there “won’t be anything left of them” if the leaders of the Islamic Republic don’t “get moving, FAST.” 

    The Strait of Hormuz remains effectively closed, continuing to roil the oil market and affect the sectors that depend on it. 

    Eleanor Watson and

    Tucker Reals

    contributed to this report.

    Go deeper with The Free Press

    In:

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Georgia Republicans scramble to pick candidate to take on Democratic Sen. Jon Ossoff

    CNA Explains: How radio frequency bands are regulated – and why it matters for telcos

    Samsung strike involving 47,000 workers looms as South Korea’s president urges labor deal

    Trump warns Iran to ‘get moving’ or ‘there won’t be anything left’

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Electrical fire to keep theater that hosts ‘The Book of Mormon’ closed through May 17

    The 2026 Grammy Award nominations are about be announced. Here’s what to know

    Disease of 1,000 faces shows how science is tackling immunity’s dark side

    Judge reverses Trump administration’s cuts of billions of dollars to Harvard University

    Top Reviews
    9.1

    Review: Mi 10 Mobile with Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Mobile Platform

    By Admin
    8.9

    Comparison of Mobile Phone Providers: 4G Connectivity & Speed

    By Admin
    8.9

    Which LED Lights for Nail Salon Safe? Comparison of Major Brands

    By Admin
    Sg Latest News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    • Get In Touch
    © 2026 SglatestNews. All rights reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.